Wednesday 18 July 2012

Shiseido Perfect Rouge in Venetian Rouge

Shiseido Perfect Rouge in Venetian Rose (RS711) is a recent purchase. I've been keen to try the Shiseido lipstick formula for some time but was unsure about which colour to go for. Although the reds looked enticing, I was after an everyday colour. There aren't a lot of online swatches available, but based on KarlaSugar's swatches of the line, I decided my choice was between Venetian Rose and Titian. Although I picked Venetian Rose, I think on reflection, that Titian might have been the better choice.

Shiseido+Venetian+Rose7

Shiseido+Venetian+Rose1

Shiseido+Venetian+Rose2

Venetian Rose is a dusky rose which pulls mauve on my lips. For a full face picture, please see my recent face of the day post. I was looking for an easy to wear, 'my lips but better' kind of colour but this is too cool and, dare I say it, purple for me to slap on without thinking about it. In my head, Venetian Rose is similar to MAC Modesty but I must get around to buying a new Modesty lipstick in order to check how accurate my memory is.

Shiseido+Venetian+Rose6

Shiseido+Venetian+Rose12

Although the colour isn't exactly what I was after, the texture of the lipstick is excellent. It has just the right amount of slip and feels comfortable and moisturising on the lips. The lipstick is richly pigmented, wear time is reasonable and the moisturising feeling lasts well. Texture wise, I feel it's similar to the Rouge Bunny Rouge Colour Burst lipsticks and the original Edward Bess formula (minus the fig scent). It also has the lovely lip hugging shape to the bullet that I like about the Rouge Bunny Rouge lipsticks.

I would really like to get another of the Perfect Rouge lipsticks but I will hang on until I can visit a counter to swatch the colours in person. I bought Venetian Rose from Feel Unique where the Perfect Rouge lipsticks cost £21.50.

11 comments:

  1. I really like this color! I never tried Shiseido's lipsticks but I'd like to. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colour is nice but not what I was expecting. The texture is well worth a try :)

      Delete
  2. It looks pretty, but you're right. It pulls surprisingly mauve on you. Having seen the full face photo, I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's even clearer how mauve my lips make it when looking at the arm swatch and the lip swatch, side by side. I suspect this would look more rosy on others.

      Delete
  3. That's a pity that the colour's not quite right but these sound like lovely lippies xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really impressed with the formula. I love these kind of creamy, pigmented lipsticks.

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness! I have been wanting to try Sheiseido lipstick and this review seals the deal. I have wanted to find a purple mauve shade of lipstick, and I LOVE this color. I also really enjoy Edward Bess and RBR textures, so thank you for a great review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha, if you like the RBR and Edward Bess, I'm pretty certain you would enjoy the Shiseido formula. I'm sure I will go back for more!

      Delete
  5. I think it looks really nice on you, Jane. I am also curious about their new lip laqcuers (out in autumn)...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marina. I spotted the new lip lacquers when I went on the US site, they look intriguing!

      Delete
  6. I think that this was a perfect choice, I love the colour and also the package ♥

    http://cosmeticsandthings.blogspot.cz/

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and read each and every one. I always do my best to reply too. If you have a question and need a quick response, please feel free to email me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails