Sunday 15 January 2012

L'Oreal Super Liner Luminizer in Black Amethyst

I picked this up when I bought my last couple of Couleur Infalliable eyeshadows. I have already own the  Super Liner in sparkly black and I find that once you remember that you must shake it before you apply, these work very well. The first time I used Black Amethyst, I thought it might be a dupe for Illamasqua's precision liner in Havoc but side by side, the difference are clear. Havoc is more of an ox blood shade, whereas Black Amethyst is more obviously purple. Black Amethyst also has a gorgeous metallic shimmer, it's subtle and only visible at certain angles but it prevents the colour from looking flat.

SuperLiner+Hazel2

SuperLiner+Hazel4


The liner goes on easily, I find it has a nice consistency and I get on well with the felt stick style applicator. The tip is soft and doesn't splinter the colour during application. I'm quite used to applying liner so I'm not sure how easy this applicator is to use as a novice. I noticed when washing off the swatches that although L'Oreal didn't move with water alone, it washes away quite easily with soap and water whereas the Illamasqua liner requires eye makeup remover to be removed. Something else I noticed is that, once dry, the L'Oreal seemed more flexible than the Illamasqua which split easily as you can see in the swatch below.

SuperLiner+Hazel5

SuperLiner+Hazel6
Although handy for avoiding theft, the security tags really make a sticky mess of products!

I like Black Amethyst very much. This particular shade is marketed for those with hazel eyes. My eyes aren't hazel but I much preferred this shade to the navy blue shade being offered for blue eyes. I had a look on the Boots website and there are three shades of the Luminizer Super Liners. The colour that I haven't seen in person is the one designed for green eyes which appears to be green from the online swatch. I find the choice of blue for blue eyes and green for green eyes rather unusual as I makeup artists often recommend that you use a colour from the opposite side of the colour wheel to your eye colour. Personally, I would recommend choosing based on the colour that you like rather than the one you're 'supposed' to get.

SuperLiner+Hazel3
Top: Black Amethyst, Bottom: Illamasqua Havoc - still wet at the point

SuperLiner+Hazel8
Top: Black Amethyst, Bottom: Illamasqua Havoc


As an aside, whilst I was browsing the Boots website in search of the Super Liners, I spotted that the Couleur Infallible eyeshadows are currently reduced in price from £6.99 to £3.99. I'd highly recommend giving them a try if you haven't already, especially at such a great price. Of course, I'm not looking myself, no sir. I have my eyeshadow no buy to think about! *weeps silently*


9 comments:

  1. I thought the same about the colour options they presented, it put me off a bit tbh - but this purple one looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i actually like the l'oreal one better O_o i'm shocked since i LOVE illamasqua stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW that is really really pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if we'll get those in the US. I don't usually pay attention to their eye color suggestion since I know what I like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought it to get with the matching L'Oreal Million Lashes, and have to say I quite like the look of this liner: easy to apply and gorgeous colour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh pretty! I usually walk past L'Oreal but I must pay some more attention, as they are producing some excellent things! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is GORGEOUS...I wish I could find this here in the states!! Ugh...when will Superdrug venture across the pond?? Also the infallible colors we get it all so late :(

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and read each and every one. I always do my best to reply too. If you have a question and need a quick response, please feel free to email me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails