Sunday 2 September 2012

Junk Yard Nail Polish by Louise Gray for Topshop

I finally had an opportunity to explore the Topshop makeup range on Saturday. Along with a couple of bits I had on my wishlist, I picked up this glittery nail polish from the Louise Gray collaboration. It was the perfect pre-IKEA shopping with children treat.

Louise+Gray+Junk+Yard5

Louise+Gray+Junk+Yard3

It's reminiscent of the Deborah Lipmann glitter polishes, although the glitter is not as dense. The glitter settles to the bottom of the bottle so it does require a shake before application. I decided to layer it over a base of pale blue polish (L'Oreal French Riviera) and splodged Junk Yard over the top to add the maximum amount of glitter in the shortest time!

Louise+Gray+Junk+Yard7

Louise+Gray+Junk+Yard8

I was surprised that the nail polish survived furniture building and a day of heavy day cleaning. It did eventually lift off as a complete sheet. It certainly beats trying to get it off with remover.

The Louise Gray polishes at Topshop cost £6.50 each and there are a total of four glitter polishes.

13 comments:

  1. oooh sparkly, I'll make sure to have a look at the new polishes when I am next in. I bet your IKEA trip was fun.......xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're cute, I quite liked the look of the pink one too. The IKEA trip was fun, in the same way that I enjoy a trip to the dentists ;). On the plus side, I did get a new set of drawers for my makeup. I may actually have to share pictures! xx

      Delete
    2. ;) I would actually like to see the new set of drawers, not sure what that says about me xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I really liked wearing it, it made me smile every time I looked at my nails :D

      Delete
  3. Very, very pretty! The color is very...happy? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't so blown away by this one, mostly because I like my glitter packed on more densely. My favourite was the green, Hat Trick. Having said that, I think it looks really pretty layered like that and would still be on the shopping list if I didn't have so many polishes already. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I do like that it's really cute. I like all of Topshop's make up I've tried my favourites are their kohl eyeliners.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a heavenly NOTD. It looks lovely and now I want to go and eye this up in person!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the shade of the blue French Riviera as an undercoat. It's a terrific pair off with the Topshop glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing, like an aquarium on steroids!!! Great NOTD!!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I purchased the Hat trick one and kept the nail polish for one day, thought it looked good ... but what a trick indeed ! be very cautious recommending or using this product : I ended up with yellow nails and after 2 weeks the stains are still pretty horrible and my nails well ,yellow. it was confirmed by a GP that it is due to the product chemicals and not a nail disease or allergy, TOPSHOP should really be more careful before selling this kind of junk. Too bad, worst product ever.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and read each and every one. I always do my best to reply too. If you have a question and need a quick response, please feel free to email me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails