Sunday 9 September 2012

LEGO Lord of the Rings: Mines of Moria

It's Son2's 5th Birthday today. The day started unsurprisingly early but the present opening session more than made up for the lack of lie-in. As we're somewhat geeky parents, we were more than happy to oblige when he asked for a LEGO Lord of the Rings set for his birthday. After a trip to the LEGO shop in Milton Keynes last week, he settled on this one: The Mines of Moria. I think his favourite piece is the cave troll but for me, it's the other characters that have captured my geeky little heart! The attention to detail is really impressive.

Lego+LOTR2

If you're here for the makeup, you'll probably want to give this one a miss. However, if like me you loved the Lord of the Rings trilogy and you've always wondered what Gandalf and Gimli minifigures would look like, keep scrolling...

Lego+LOTR3

Lego+LOTR4

Lego+LOTR8

Lego+LOTR5

Lego+LOTR6

Lego+LOTR7

Happy Birthday W!

12 comments:

  1. Birthday wishes to the little one, its a nice sunny day as well. I know my little boy would like the troll and blue thing (though I have watched the films, names escape me) was it quite ££?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a glorious day, hasn't it? It was quite expensive but both Grandparents put towards it so we could still buy a couple of other bits. W absolutely loves his Lego minifigures and is always re-enacting battles and creating new characters. Inevitably, there are various arms and legs missing bodies!!

      Delete
  2. That Lego looks fab! My DS had loads of Lego Ninjago for his birthday. I love Lego and I got to build the lot as it was a bit too difficult for him (shame!). Hope he has had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rather enjoy the Lego building too. At the beginning of the summer holidays, I rebuilt all of the various vehicles and whatnot that had been broken to pieces. A serious labour of love, as many of the instruction booklets had vanished.

      Have you seen many of the Ninjago 'cartoons' online? My boys love them, they remind me a lot of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday to your son! I'm 20, and I still have a LEGO Harry Potter collection on display. You can never be too old to love them. I also geek out over the LEGO video games. I quite enjoyed this post! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I salute you! I LOVE the Lego video games. We have the various Lego Star Wars, Batman, Indiana Jones and Harry Potter games. I'm sure LOTR will be joining the collection soon ;)

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday W. I want to come over and play! These look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace. You'd be welcome anytime! I know I'll be finding excuses to acquire more of the characters. :D

      Delete
  5. I really want this Lego! Hope he had a fab birthday x

    ReplyDelete
  6. milktea said... So cute! I love it! I didn't know Lego made a LOTR set! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwh! Now this is what i call an immense birthday present! Just don't tread on them with bare feet!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to your son! And I am jealous of his Lego set! I want one too!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and read each and every one. I always do my best to reply too. If you have a question and need a quick response, please feel free to email me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails