Sunday 1 April 2012

Donna Karan Cashmere Mist (EDT)

DK+Cashmere+Mist2

I realised recently that, although this is my signature perfume, I've only ever mentioned this perfume in passing and never done a proper review. I think it deserve a more attention, especially as it doesn't seem all that well known. Certainly the many DKNY releases get much more attention in terms of advertising. This isn't a new fragrance though and was first released in 1994

This is a perfume that I spritzed many times before finally taking the plunge. I stumbled on it quite a few years ago at the CCO at Bicester Village. I was halfheartedly looking for a new everyday perfume as I could no longer wear my old favourite Kenzo Flowers post pregnancy. Compared to the Kenzo, it is a very subtle fragrance and I think this is why I was so unsure to start with. I would spritz, not purchase but then spend the rest of the day sniffing my wrist. Of course, I caved eventually.

It is a soft, creamy, seductive scent. Although it doesn't scream 'smell me, I'm wearing perfume' (it's far too sophisticated for that) it isn't particularly weedy either and the fragrance lasts well on my skin. There are no jarring or competing elements and, indeed, I struggle to pick up any of the individual notes. The Donna Karan website describes it as 'Moroccan jasmine, lily of the valley and bergamot with warm undertones of sandalwood, amber and musk'. What I smell is a warm, slightly sweetened suede.

I bought this bottle of Cashmere Mist from CheapSmells.com some time ago but they no longer seem to stock it. Alternative stockists are Escentuals.com, Debenhams and House of Fraser. It costs £33 for 30ml of the Eau de Toilette.

3 comments:

  1. Such a lovely name for a perfume, too! Hope you're having a lovely Sunday.

    Emma xo
    www.fluffandfripperies.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this fragrance and went through an entire 3.4 oz bottle. Of course, as much as I love it, I also have the attention span of a gnat, so I got distracted and moved on to other pretties. I need to go back to it some time soon...maybe Fall.

    Thanks for reminding me of this classic!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and read each and every one. I always do my best to reply too. If you have a question and need a quick response, please feel free to email me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails