Thursday 7 June 2012

BECCA 2-in-1 Base/Top Coat

Becca+Top+Base2

Although probably not as exciting to look at as colour products, BECCA 2-in-1 Base Coat/Top Coat is a staple in my grooming arsenal. Because nail colour chips so quickly on my nails, I don't wear colour when I'm working as it looks shabby very quickly. However, my nails do look better and seem less prone to damage when I wear a coat of clear polish. Of course, this is meant to be used as a base or top coat but I see no problem with using it as a clear polish, plus it has the advantage of being Formaldehyde, Toluene, Camphor and Di-Butyl Phthalate free.

My nails are still in poor shape and although I'm not strict about it, I do find they fare better with the 3/4-free formulas. Quite a lot of nail polish brands are at least 3-free now and, anecdotally, 3-free colours have better lasting power when used in conjunction with base and top coats of the same formula. I have used this successfully as a base coat works under HIPP x RGB Nail Foundations, Butter London and BECCA nail colours. I haven't used it much as a top coat as, unless I'm using a fast drying top coat, I tend to skip this step.

Ingredients (from the BECCA website)
Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Nitrocellulose, Phthalic Anhydride/Trimellitic Anhydride/Glycols Copolymer, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Adipic Acid/Fumaric Acid/Phthalic Acid/Tricyclodecane Dimethanol Copolymer, CI 60725 (Violet 2).

The BECCA 2-in-1 Base/Top Coat costs £12 and is available from BECCA Cosmetics and Zuneta. I got mine as a gift with purchase, you gotta love a good GWP!

2 comments:

  1. I struggle to get my nails to look gorgeous and long! But I might give this a go, because Becca Butter Balm is a staple for my lips! If you are interested I am once again running a global beauty blog swap on Beast and Beauty...hope you will check it out and sign up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought this after seeing some good reviews on it on blogs. But I am disappointed with it as it is not as fast drying as I hope it to be.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and read each and every one. I always do my best to reply too. If you have a question and need a quick response, please feel free to email me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails