Tuesday 29 May 2012

Illamasqua Naked Strangers Collection

I first heard about this mini Spring/Summer collection through my subscription to the Illamasqua e-newsletters, as they were offering customers an early shopping preview of the three nail colours. Oddly, this grabbed my attention more than the usual press and blog build up. I like that Illamasqua want to engage with their customers not just schmooze bloggers and if it hadn't been for my nail polish ban, I would have bought Monogamous (flesh pink) and Faithful (metallic copper) there and then.

SS12_Naked strangers_head front

SS12_Naked strangers_nails

The collection will be available nationwide from 31st May and as well as the three nail polish colours, they are releasing two lipglosses and two blushers. Both of the blusher looks like quite neutral shades: Naked Rose is described as a neutral beige brown and the cream blusher, Zygomatic, is a naked pink brown. The lipgloss are one of each formula; Stranger is a platinum gold in the intense formula and Intimacy is a sheer nude pink brown.

Naked Strangers group shot

Although I like the sound of Intimacy (ho, ho!), I know I rarely wear lipgloss so I should be sensible and pass on this. I am however quite tempted to get one of the blushers. I get a lot of use out of nude-y pink blushers, the only tricky decision is powder or cream? Are you planning on picking anything up on Thursday?

11 comments:

  1. Definitely the blushers that are calling me to play in this collection. I saw a close up of Naked Rose earlier and was smitten, whilst David Horne tweeting about Zygomatic has me desperate to check it out - the name alone conjures up his lessons on defining cheek bones. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it was fascinating having lessons with David. I bet it really helps you make the most of their products too x

      Delete
  2. Loving everything in this collection - especially the cheeky tongue in cheek names!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The names are usually very cheeky! In a different way to NARS naughtiness ;)

      Delete
  3. Nail polish and eye shadow ban? You are my idol. Those are my downfalls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too. I hadn't realised how badly I would be affected by the nail polish ban but it's been almost as bad as the eyeshadows!!

      Delete
  4. I don't know how I feel about Illamasqua. The quality of the few bits I have bought have been fab and in reality most of their things are quite wearable when toned down with more day to day make-up but their collections as a whole always leave me a bit cold. Apart from the promotional images which are incredible, everytime. The only thing I like the look of is the pink nail varnish but I can't help thinking I could probably pick up a dupe for a fiver, but maybe it has hidden depths?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure about hidden depths but it does have a matte finish I think which makes it a little more unusual.

      I know what you mean about the collections. I love the promotional images but I tend to home in only on the items that I know will work for my fairly conservative tastes.

      Delete
  5. I need a ban, too. Those colors look stunning, especially together. Alas, not on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The golds are an instant no for me. I've tried and failed to pull that off in the past! You need to hold off on your ban until you find out if I go off the rails once it lifts ;)

      Delete
  6. I haven't tried on this make up brand, but I find the palettes so pretty. Want to give a try on this one. I'm so into nude/gold touch of shades. It defines my skin tone so well.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and read each and every one. I always do my best to reply too. If you have a question and need a quick response, please feel free to email me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails