Monday 31 May 2010

Illamasqua Rude blush

I made an ASOS order last week to take advantage of the free next day delivery. As part of the order I got Illamasqua's cream blush in Rude. I'd seen a few recommendations and although it's not something I'd usually go for colour wise, I threw caution to the wind! When it arrived the next I opened it and..........immediately regretted ignoring my sensible side. I shouldn't have worried though, when applied this blush doesn't look like the vivid orange it appears in the pan.

I've worn this a few times now and like my other Illamasqua blushes I really like it. It lasts well and doesn't feel greasy at all. It's really easy to blend. One note of caution though. I do find it much easier to achieve the right amount of colour if I dot on with my fingers and then blend with a MAC 109. I had a bit of an Aunt Sally moment the occasion I stuck the brush directly in the pan! I also made an error when I paired it with Ever Hip. I struggle with Ever Hip anyway (is that just me?) and the matchy, matchy coral with my colouring had me wondering where my Ra-ra skirt and rollerskates had gone.

Anyway, I digress. Here are some swatches and today's face wearing Rude. All the pictures are clickable and the full size photos show the most accurate colour. I've left them un-edited as the minute I edit in photobucket they bleach out.

Pan swatch
Rude pan swatch

Swatch on skin, blended and unblended
Illamasqua Rude swatch

The colour applied on my cheek.
Rude cheek swatch

Full face wearing Rude and a demonstration of why I really need botox!
FOTD - 31/05/10 1

Face
EL Ideal Matte - I'll be pleased when this is finished
MAC NW20 moisture cover concealer under eyes
Illamasqua Rude blush

Eyes
MAC Painterly paint pot
MAC Style snob
TBS brown eyeliner
Rimmel Sexy curves mascara

Lips
RBR - Irreverence

11 comments:

  1. I have this and its amazing stuff - great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogger just ate a comment and autocorrected BOTOX to bottom. Gah!

    Anyway, gist of comment was - blush is lovely, works v well with that lipstick. Illamasqua's blushes are fab. You don't need BOTOX ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Happy1234 - thanks for the lovely comment. I'm really pleased I got it. It's a lovely change from pinks and neutrals for me.

    @Grace I'm peeing myself now. A nice injection of Bottom in my forehead please. God knows I've plenty to spare ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    You look really pretty, and no you don't need botox!
    I was wondering about getting the MAC moisture cover concealer,I have very bad circles though, do you think it would provide enough coverage ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Replica,
    Thanks for the lovely comment - cheques in the post ;).

    I think the moisture cover is pretty good at covering circles. Mine are horrendous. The only problem I have with it is that I sometimes find the NW20 a little dark so maybe 15 would be too dark for you? Also, it can crease so it would probably need setting with a powder for all day wear. Mind you, I do find the creases will re-blend with the finger tips easily enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, I think I'll take a look at the NW15,I'll probably pop in on Thursday to see what new collection is out anyhow. I've just ordered that LM eye perfector thing,god knows what it will look like on, the colours seemed a bit funky,I'm hoping by Mauve/rose they don't mean bruised purple! I figure if I can use that on the really dark bits I should be able to use a lighter weight concealer such as the MAC over it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fingers crossed the LM eye perfector is good and not like a punch in the eye!! I think I've drifted off the MAC obsession a bit as I've no idea what's out on Thursday. Lets hope you're not having a bad day and end up with another lipgloss ;)
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bit about the Aunt Sally moment! Had one of those a few weeks ago when I stuck a blusher brush into Nars Taj Mahal...which is quite shimmery golden orange in the pan! Nothing like that on the face, but still quite a shock when I looked at the brush! Its absolutely beautiful!

    And no you don't neew botox. Gorgeous as you are! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bella Queen! It's funny, I've seen pictures of Taj Mahal in the pan and thought how is that going to work!! Great to know it's another deceptive one.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rude looks lovely on you. Botox? I don't think so luv!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Vex, I really like it. I'm forever drooling over your blush collection though!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and read each and every one. I always do my best to reply too. If you have a question and need a quick response, please feel free to email me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails