Saturday 5 June 2010

Skincare routine

I am really fascinated by people's skincare routines. I have gone from being fairly haphazard in my regimen to being very strict about removing all traces of make up and moisturising religously. In my working life I've come across a lot of problem skin and I'm aware that I'm really lucky to have clear skin though it is starting to show signs of ageing. I suppose for those with oily skin it's small comfort to know that your skin won't age so quickly.

Someone that I once worked with, on discovering my passion for beauty, took great pleasure in telling me that all moisturisers are produced from the same base product and that I was wasting my time spending more than a few pounds. I took it in on board for all of 5 minutes and then was back to my usual spendy ways! Although I understand that without prescription concentrations of active ingredients, no product will make a permanent difference. However, I think plenty of them work fantastically on a cosmetic level.

This is my current facial skincare routine:

Morning

Face wash: No.7 Gentle Foaming cleanser
Moisturiser: Oil of Olay Complete Care Multi-Radiance cream
Serum: Skin Wisdom Firm and Lift V zone serum




Evening

Eye makeup remover: The Body Shop Camomille waterproof eye make up remover
Cleanser: No.7 Radiance Boosting Hot Cloth cleanser (used with flannel instead of muslin)
Moisturiser: Nuxe Crème Merveillance

Treatments
Exfoliator: St. Ives Apricot Scrub
Pore tightening: Soap & Glory Fab Pore 15 minute facial peel
Radiance mask: Lancome Vivéclat
Lips: Lansinoh (nipple cream but great for overnight treatment on lips)

With the exception of the Soap & Glory, I love all of these products. The Lancome Vivéclat is old but this is wonderful as an overnight moisturiser when I need an extra bit of help. The Radiance Hot Cloth cleanser is lovely. Since buying it I have seen a lot of rave reviews pop up and they are well deserved. It's very creamy, smells beautiful and isn't at all drying. I think it's extremely important not to strip the skin.

The Nuxe cream is also a delight to use. I only use it at night in order to eke it out. The smell is amazing and it feels wonderful on the skin. I think the only thing that is noticeably absent from the list is an eye cream. I really need to rectify this!

I'd love to know what you use and what products you really rate. I'm always happy to find a new favourite. Also, if you would like more detailed reviews on any of the products please let me know.

Jane x

7 comments:

  1. I know what you mean by having a fascination by other people's skincare routines. I always love to read what other people use daily and then look at there skin! ha to see if it is working!

    Out of your skincare routine I use the No7 hot cloth cleanser (there is actually a draft post about it sat in my blogger about it) I really do like it. It's very calming and soft.
    I also use the Fab pore 15 min facial peel which is ok but I don't use it that often just when my pores are looking abit clogged up. Which doesn't happen that often really.

    I'm only 22 but over the past year I have really learnt to be kind to my skin and only use gentle products rather than anything that will strip my skin.
    I don't really like overly fine exfoliators or strong toners.
    You are making me want to write a post about my own skincare now!

    Fee x

    Nice post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fee,
    I really do like the hot cloth cleanser. It's such a generous size too. I've been using it daily for about 4 months now and there's still at least half a bottle left.

    Like you, I don't use the Fab pore often which is why I don't feel in a position to say whether it works or not. It's recommended you use it 3/4 times a week, which for me would be excessive.

    Do please write a post. I'd love to think I had inspired you and of course being a skincare nosy I'd enjoy reading!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm using Estee Lauer Time Zone Eye cream, its fab so far, I have a noticeable reduction of wrinkles... but I am using in conjunction with a lot of their anti aging stuff. It smells nice tho and is quickly absorbed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Charlie, that sounds perfect. I'll do some investigating :). I've sometimes wondered about trying Estée Lauder Advanced Night repair, have the tried that at all?
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you like the nuxe cream, I was looking everywhere for a review before I buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Astrid, I really do love it. I'm almost out of my first pot and won't hesitate to buy a new one.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and read each and every one. I always do my best to reply too. If you have a question and need a quick response, please feel free to email me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails