Friday 4 February 2011

Jadegrrrl 'fesses up!

Today's confession comes from one of my lovely Twitter pals down under, Jade of Jade Musing. Now Jade makes time to make keep herself looking good despite being a busy Mum and even the odd bout of morning sickness won't stop her. So I was surprised to learn that even she had some skeletons (or should that be pan stick?) in the proverbial closet...

 

Confession is good for the soul, go ahead and unburden yourself! I promise I won’t judge. 

Well Aunty Brown I don’t quite know where to begin, but here goes

• I did have a habit of wearing foundation about five shades too dark for me as a teen despite having perfect blemish free skin

Barbie vowed never to attempt shade matching in Superdrug ever again

• I thought Gwen Stefani was awesome in her early No Doubt days so I decided to get around wearing all sorts of jewels and bindi on my forehead just like she did.

• And well when I was fifteen I thought Gweneth Paltrow from Sliding doors was a hottie with her short hair so I dyed my hair blonde and cut my hair short, which was all fine and dandy until the day I decided to dye my hair red, at home, which was an absolute disaster because my hair turned a revolting shade of pink/orange and was a patchy job to say the least. It was all downhill from there I made the decision to start afresh and had my mum’s friend come over with the clippers and shave it all off. My boyfriend at the time was unimpressed, yet I continued to maintain my shaved head for the next few years in the spirit of rebellion. 

• I used to let my mother pluck my eyebrows into oblivion so that the only thing left was two thin lines, I’m thinking this may have been my Drew Barrymore phase. I now let them grow pretty big and wild because I’m afraid of having too thin eyebrows again.

Drew knew how to rock the surprised look long before Botox...

There, don’t you feel better now?
Much better, as though a heavy burden has been lifted from my shoulders.

Aunty Brown has a few more questions though; it’s true that I’m the nosy type.

When was the last time you visited the hairdresser?

Truth be told it was only last year in October, half a head of foils as I had a wedding to attend, however I’m embarrassed to say I haven’t had a cut or a trim for FIVE YEARS! Terrible I know but I am somewhat afraid of hairdressers hacking of my Rapunzel locks.

You have a choice: bad hair or bad nails?

Bad nails, but more because I can’t help it, my nails flake and split but even when I do manage to grow them a little I end up cutting them off in frustration because I always feel like they’re dirty.

What is the oldest item of make up in your collection?

A Body Shop eyeshadow in the colour Maple from about thirteen years ago, it’s still good.

Which trend still makes you cringe?

Too much foundation in the wrong colour, it doesn’t need to look like a mask I figure.

---------------------------------------------

I cannot believe the amount of head shaving that has been cropping up on here. I'm trying to work who inspired all these close crops. Sigourney Weaver, Demi Moore, Natalie Portman? I'm pretty sure it can't have been Britney! I can't believe you've managed to avoid a hair cut for five years either! Didn't they try and talk you in to a cut when you had a colour? Thank you so much for sharing Jade.

If you would like to take a turn and unburden yourself in the Friday Confessional you can email me at modestybrown@googlemail.com. It's open to everyone: if you have something to confess, I'm happy to hear it!

5 comments:

  1. Great post, I think I have been guilty of wearing foundation too dark or at least not blending it in well! lol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh how funny :-D
    Head shavers anon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I didn't know about the foundation and the head-shaving Jade! It's funny that everyone has these sorts of tragedies in their beauty pasts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies hehe it was fun to participate and relive my beauty horror stories :D

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and read each and every one. I always do my best to reply too. If you have a question and need a quick response, please feel free to email me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails