Friday 11 November 2011

Live, Laugh, Love.......Cry!

This week we have Laura of Live, Laugh, Love confessing to us. A long introduction would be wasted on this frankly shocking list of confessions. I suggest you just jump in and brace yourself for impact. Is it too early for a stiff drink?



Confession is good for the soul, go ahead and unburden yourself! I promise I won’t judge.

Forgive me Aunty Brown, for I have sinned. I'm probably what you could call a perpetual sinner, in the beauty world. I commit almost daily sins that will make your readers gasp in horror, fanning themselves madly in a bid to calm down. It's hard for me to unburden these sins, in such a public manner, so I do hope for forgiveness.

Sin number 1: I use facewipes to take off my make up...although, sometimes, I don't even do that! I have gone through phases of having a dedicated evening cleansing and make up removing routine, but I'm habitually lazy, and whatever can get me into bed the quickest is ultimately what wins. I know that facewipes aren't great for the skin, but actually, I've never had any irritation or break outs, and in my defense they do remove every last scrap of make up...
 
Sin number 2: I am a spot picker. You know when you can feel one brewing, there is no visible sign on the surface yet, but you can sense it, you can feel it forming. The next time you look there is that tell tale red bump, that you just know will be a monster come the next morning. You know that you'll do more harm than good by touching it, and you should just leave well alone. Well, I get all of that. Then I pick it, squeeze it, to within an inch of it's life...then curse myself for leaving a huge red, unsightly mess in it's place. Although, it is strangely satisfying...in a disgusting kind of way!

Sin number 3: I pick my nail varnish off. I've transitioned from a hardened nail biter, to a dedicated nail varnish picker! I'm not sure which one is worse, both are pretty destructive for the condition of my poor nails, lets be honest! I just can't help myself though. I'm fine until the minute I spot a chip, and then I either have to sit on my hands or it's just pick, pick, pick until it's all off!

Sin number 4: I pull my eyebrows out! I know it's gross, weird and really quite foolish (my brows are naturally quite sparse anyway), but I find it strangely relaxing, and almost addictive. If I haven't done it for a few days I can definitely 'feel' it in my eyebrows, it's almost as if the individual hairs themselves are willing me to pull them out?!

Shocked+Nun1



There, don’t you feel better now?
Erm...I'll wait and see what the reaction is first!

Aunty Brown has a few more questions though; it’s true that I’m the nosy type.


When was the last time you visited the hairdresser?

For a colour, a couple of weeks ago, but it was LONG overdue, the root situation had gotten ridiculously out of control. There was simply no disguising those bad boys! I'm a bottle blonde you see, and although I'd love to embrace my natural shade (dirty blonde), I just can't bring myself to do it! I haven't had my hair cut in over a year I don't think, I've been trying to grow it ever since I had it cut to just above shoulder length, back when I was HEAVILY pregnant in the hot summer of 2010. All I could think about then was getting all that hair away from my neck and shoulders, but looking back at the pictures, it really wasn't very becoming, and with the extra weight I was carrying during pregnancy, it was probably even worse. My ends are in dire need of trimming off, but I'm finally happy with the length of it now, and am always loathe to have it cut, even though I know it needs doing! I think I shall be brave and have it done soon...

At what point to outgrown roots become ombre hair?


You’ve overslept and have 5 minutes to get out of the house. Are you going out with dirty hair or no makeup?

Dirty hair, always. If I've overslept it's probably because I'm tired anyway, and these days I don't go anywhere without a good covering of concealer on the dark circles! Having said that, I detest having dirty hair, it makes my face feel greasy and disgusting after a while too, so perhaps I'd just hide under my duvet and hope the bed swallowed me up instead?!


What’s the oldest item of makeup in your collection?

I quite regularly go through my make up and throw anything out that is past its prime, so I don't actually think I have much that is 'that' old. It's probably an eyeliner, lipgloss (I have so many and never seem to use any up!) or perhaps an eyeshadow that I just can't bear to finish.

When did you last wash your makeup brushes?

Uh oh...Aunty Brown, these questions are making me look bad! I haven't properly cleaned the majority of my brushes for about 2 months! I keep looking at them and know that I need to, but I just don't get around to it. I'll use the 'busy Mum' excuse in the vain hope that allows me to clutch back some of my dignity?! If I promise to do them within the next week does that let me off the hook, please?!

--------------------------------------

Image Credits
Nun - RF Licence purchased from Yay Micro
Drew's Ombre hair from Lookfantastic blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and read each and every one. I always do my best to reply too. If you have a question and need a quick response, please feel free to email me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails