Saturday 3 July 2010

Hourglass Illusion Tinted Moisturiser

I received a sample of Hourglass Illusion Tinted Moisturiser sample from visionarybeauty. It was extremely thoughtful of her as she knew I was interested to try Laura Mercier but was concerned I may not suit my skin. I posted a picture of me wearing this in a recent FOTD post which you can see here.


The sample I've used is in the colour light beige. I find this a touch too dark for my skin, however as I'm quite tanned at the moment it doesn't look as obvious. I can't really give a full review on this but as I have managed three applications from the sample, I thought it might be interesting to share my thoughts.

I have enjoyed using this quite a lot. I really wanted to find something that would even my skin tone but give quite light coverage. I was surprised when I first applied it that it has quite a heavy texture, it's also not that slippy so you have to put reasonable effort into working it in. Having said that a little does go a long way which is good news as this retails for £40. It does give a nice, even, light coverage and I can still see my freckles coming through. It lasts well, even in the heat and feels comfortable on my skin. But, and this is quite a big but, I have to warn you it is very glittery! I'm not sure how obvious the glitter is on my face but it definitely does impart a glow. In the warm weather the glow can feel a little bit too much. This is a close up so you can hopefully see the sparkles. They appear on the photo as little silvery specks.


Other plus points are that it's reasonably transfer resistant and does withstand the heat. I have discovered that the sparkle does move though as I noticed that I'd covered Abigail's head in a fine layer of glitter!

Overall I do like this product. If you're after a light coverage base and like a bit of glow this could be the product for you. Hourglass Illusion Tinted Moisturiser comes in 6 shades and is available from Zuneta.
Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and read each and every one. I always do my best to reply too. If you have a question and need a quick response, please feel free to email me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails