Friday 9 July 2010

Parlez Vous OPI?



As I mentioned in my quest for better nails post, it's been quite a while since I've worn any nail polish on my fingers. Too long in fact. So, I decided it was high time I reacquainted myself with my nail polish collection. The three shown above are some of my absolute favourites. Hmm...taupes and purples, are you seeing a theme here?

From left to right we have OPI Over the Taupe, OPI Parlez Vous OPI? and Sephora by OPI Metro Chic. I have posted a swatch of Metro Chic before here. I find these all really easy colours to wear and being a bit of a grunge fan in my youth I really love these sorts of muddy colours. I certainly find them easier on the eye than black these days!



Here I am wearing Parlez Vous OPI. I find this appears much darker on my nail than it does in the bottle. On my nails it looks like quite a grey shade of purple. The varnish itself applies quite thickly and I think this probably explains the depth of colour. I tried Barry M Pale Purple or Berry Ice Cream (the dual name confuses me!) and although it's a pretty colour it wasn't very 'me'. For me, this sort of shade is a much better fit.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely colour, both in the bottle and on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love muddy looking nail polish...they just always seem to look good on any skintone.

    Fee x

    Ps. I can just steal your bottle of Metro Chic please! ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hands off the Metro Chic!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Parlez-Vous OPI is one of my favourite colours. I love the dirty shades from that French collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah, I agree with you about that collection. I think it's one of my favourites actually.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and read each and every one. I always do my best to reply too. If you have a question and need a quick response, please feel free to email me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails