Friday 9 September 2011

Flossie Fesses Up!

Emma-Jayne of Flossie's Beauty Love seems such a lovely thing. But as every beauty lover knows, you can hide a multitude of sins if you know what you're doing. It may be wise to mention in advance that feet will be mentioned. If you're funny about feet, this might be a good time to make your exit....





Confession is good for the soul, go ahead and unburden yourself! I promise I won’t judge.

Ok, I have sinned in the past.....although most of these are quite current!!

1. I really neglect my feet, I have yucky hard skin, I don’t let anyone see my feet!! My toe nails are always painted, I just don’t buff and moisturise them enough! Oh and once while I worked at Harvey Nichols, I got a blister, so I was sorting that out when my manager at the time said ‘Emma, your hair and makeup are immaculate......but your feet are disgusting!!!’ Lol! Cringe!!! My Mum has always really looked after hers so she’s pretty disgusted at the sight of mine!!! Sorry Mum!!


You remember these don't you?


2. Despite doing Beauty Therapy and being in the beauty industry before I had the kids, and knowing the importance of properly cleansing your skin, I have only recently stopped using facial wipes to take off my make up! It’s purely laziness, but since using Liz Earle’s Cleanse & Polish, I’ve got a lot better!!!

3. When I was young, free and single, the girls and I would holiday in Ayia Napa. Instead of being sensible and wearing an SPF 30 for my very fair skin, I’d use SPF 10 or even oil! OMG, I can’t believe I never got burnt!!! I just ended up pink and patchy, not the look I was after!!


Fancy a rub down?


4. I straighten my hair almost everyday and I’ve NEVER used a heat protector....Oh that’s bad!!

There, don’t you feel better now?
Hmmmm I guess, I’m quite ashamed of the yucky feet part! Cringe!!

Aunty Brown has a few more questions though; it’s true that I’m the nosy type.


When was the last time you visited the hairdresser?
Only about 4 weeks ago. I had around 7inches chopped off! It was a complete restyle, I went for a concave bob! My hair had been long for about 12 years so I really needed a change!!

Which bit of beauty trickery couldn’t you live without? 
I can’t live without fake tan, I’m naturally very pale so I need a bit of colour, although as careful as I am applying it, no matter how much I exfoliate and moisturise, I still end up with streaky legs, darker elbows, knees and ankles!! I love false eyelashes too, but I just don’t have the hand to eye coordination for it, so I end up throwing a strop and getting a friend to apply them for me!!

You’ve overslept and have 5 minutes to get out of the house. Are you going out with dirty hair or no makeup?
Dirty hair I’m embarrassed to say! Isn’t that what dry shampoo is for anyway??? When I had longer hair I’d tie it up in a messy bun and stick a flower in to draw attention away from the greasy roots! Not sure what I’ll do now!! Eeekkk!!

Which trend still makes you cringe? 
I can’t stand thick obvious lip liner.....Pamela Anderson, I’m thinking about you!!!! Oh also, the awful really fake acrylic french tipped nails!! They look so bad, I’m afraid I have been guilty of this in the past! Not anymore though I promise!!!!!!

----------------------------------

Thank you so much for sharing Emma-Jayne! Naughty, naught regarding the sunbathing. You realise this will cause a stir! 

If you have something you need to get off your chest and want to take a turn in the Friday Confessional you can email me at modestybrown@googlemail.com. It's open to everyone: if you have something to confess, I'm happy to hear it!

Image credit: Scary foot image from NYDailyNews.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and read each and every one. I always do my best to reply too. If you have a question and need a quick response, please feel free to email me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails