Friday 23 September 2011

Salon de Beaute Confesses

This week we have Rebecca of Salon de Beaute confessing for our reading pleasure. Rebecca is a professional makeup artist, cat Mum and all round good egg. She can't have a shady past surely? What could be so bad that she felt compelled to jet off to Morocco?!



Confession is good for the soul, go ahead and unburden yourself! I promise I won’t judge.

I didn’t start wearing makeup till much later than most of the girls I know. I started wearing mascara and some pale pink lipstick for special occasions when I was 16. In boarding school when I was 17 it was cool for us to concoct our own rouge noir shade of lipstick and wear it out. The other girls made fun of how big my lips looked so I would spend hours trying to make my lips thinner. Argh!!!

Illamasqua+lips
I'd like to think that this is how you looked. Am I close?!


There, don’t you feel better now?

Aunty Brown has a few more questions though; it’s true that I’m the nosy type.

When was the last time you visited the hairdresser?
I hate being poked and prodded and sitting down for very long. I last had someone else cut my hair in June. I cut and colour it myself most of the time.

You’ve overslept and have 5 minutes to get out of the house. Are you going out with dirty hair or no makeup?
Isn’t that what dry shampoo is for? I’d rather spend five minutes putting on some concealer and mascara with my hair tied back.

Which trend still makes you cringe?
There are so many! I hate orange people, I hate that chalky, nude lipstick look that orange girls wear. Oh, if lace isn’t expensive then you shouldn’t be wearing it on your person. It looks cheap and tacky. Designer handbags with thick, spidery lashes and caked on foundation. I could rant about this kind of thing for years.

Have you ever left the house knowingly wearing the wrong shade of foundation?
Yes! Being an Aussie, sticks of zinc are readily available to any and all as a brilliant form of sun protection. You see cricketers and life guards with that white streak across their nose and that’s their zinc stick. I used to use it all over my face throughout high school. Partly as sun protection for my insanely fair skin and partly as a foundation to pale my skin a little more for that truly gothic look I loved.

o9019582
The white nose is fine but those hats are something else!

---------------------------------- 

Thank you for sharing Rebecca! If you have something you need to get off your chest and want to take a turn in the Friday Confessional you can email me at modestybrown@googlemail.com. It's open to everyone: if you have something to confess, I'm happy to hear it!


Illamasqua image - illamasqua.com
Zinc stick image - www.planbooktravel.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and read each and every one. I always do my best to reply too. If you have a question and need a quick response, please feel free to email me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails