Saturday 17 September 2011

This Weeks Beauty Roundup

Once more it's time for the Beauty Spotlight Team Roundup but first, I thought I'd share a few things that have been keeping me entertained this week.

I discovered the CatwalkLive.TV website at the end of last week. It lists links to streams of the Fashion Week shows with dates and times. I caught a few of the shows in New York over the week and hope to do the same for shows in London this week (it'll be a little easier not having to calculate the time difference). One of highlights for me was watching Diane von Furstenburg last Sunday.

Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Spring 2012 - Official Coverage - Best of Runway Day 4
Image by Frazer Harrison/2011 Getty Images


I've also been enjoying all of the Le Métier makeover posts and news from my blogging pals in the States. Both Product Doctor and The Black Panties shared pictures of the beautiful Oscar de la Renta Ready to Wear Kaleidoscope. Pink Sith had a makeover with the lovely Erin Lockard who I had the pleasure to meet in Selfridges last year. Elvira also made her own custom Pink Sith Kaleidoscope. Who says jealousy is ugly?! Charleston Girl over at Best Things in Beauty shared a Kaleidoscope that completely went under the radar for me; Modernist Merlot. The sweet torture continues!

The other thing that kept me entertained this week was the Max Factor Colour Elixir Lipstick Challenge. If you missed the post, I wore 7 lipsticks over 7 days. The Colour Elixir lipstick formula is lovely to wear and my lips are in beautiful condition after a week of use. Not all of the colours were a good fit for me though, as you will see!

Let's take a look at what the rest of my friends in the Beauty Spotlight Team have been up to.

spotlight3



This was week one in the Prime Beauty series "Mascara Madness." Look for a mascara review every Monday for the next few weeks. This Monday I discovered the brand spankin' new IT Cosmetics Hello Lashes! and this mascara really did have me at 'Hello'--see the pics for yourself!

At Lipstick Musings, Shannon may have found the ultimate true red in the new Fall 2011 Rouge d'Armani lipstick #406, Scarlatto. See if you fall in love with her new obsession, too!

Have you been on the hunt for a base and top coat system that dries fast and leaves your tips shiny for days? Makeup Merriment's latest giveaway is for two sets of the fabulous Lumos system. Have you entered yet?

Do you have sensitive skin? Well, you are going to want to enter Pammy Blogs Beauty's Lara Beauty giveaway for the entire Lara Beauty line for Sensitive Skin (worth $100)!

Lisamarie from Beauty Crazed explores the weird and wonderful world of orange blush - is she a convert? Come check out her swatches and help her decide!

Styrch over at Pretty in Dayton gets in the mood for the Vampire Diaries season premiere by trying Eau de Verveine by Penhaligon's Ltd, an addicting fragrance that leaves her conflicted to say the least.

Are you interested in the tricks of the trade? If so then Beauty Info Zone has an amazing product, Senna Light Tricks, that you need to learn about.

Paula, from Older Girl Beauty, went backstage at Fashion Week and saw that anything can happen when famed hairstylist Ted Gibson gave a model an impromptu haircut before the Carmen Marc Valvo S/S 2012 show.

Perilously Pale thinks Deborah Lippmann's Brick Road from the Fall Collection is the perfect colour to to take us into Autumn.

London Makeup Girl reviews the new Jo Malone Wild Bluebell Cologne. Find out what she thinks of it here : Wild Bluebell Cologne Review.

Once again Guerlain are out to entice with their new ombre éclat 4 shade palettes, Visionary beauty shows us the soft smoky Les Fumes palette.

At Everyday Beauty, Zuzu's Petals tried out Tom Ford Private Blend Lip Color in Smoke Red and fell in love with red again for Fall.

Stay beauty-full!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and read each and every one. I always do my best to reply too. If you have a question and need a quick response, please feel free to email me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails