Saturday 8 October 2011

MUFE Smoky Lash Mascara Review

The minute that I spotted the Sephora in France, I knew I had to pick this up. There are many items of Make Up For Ever that have I'd love to try and have quite a cult following but this was something I knew I could grab quickly.

I'm not sure what my expectation were exactly prior to using it. Just generally greatness maybe! To start with I was a disappointed and didn't know what the all the fuss was about. The brush is nice in terms of size, I can become nervous if they're too big as my lashes are weedy and sparse. The formula is quite thick and clumpy as you can probably see from the brush pictures below. It's quite thick on my lashes too and does draw the lashes together. This was initially frustrating as usually prefer a more natural look.

MUFE+Smoky+Lash9

MUFE+Smoky+Lash10

MUFE+Smoky+Lash11

MUFE+Smoky+Lash1

MUFE+Smoky+Lash3

MUFE+Smoky+Lash6


Strangely, I've found myself reaching for it more and more. It might not be a natural look but it does quickly create a lot of drama around the eyes. It looks good with simple liner or as a compliment to a smoky eye look. It is very dark too which I like in a mascara. Although it clumps the lashes, I find it does build volume and length very quickly and also layers well. It isn't crispy and despite looking quite fibrous, it doesn't flake which is really important for me.

MUFE Smoky lash is definitely not my favourite mascara but after an iffy start, I've grown to really like it. I think if you like dramatic lashes and don't mind a little bit of clumping, you may enjoy this mascara. MUFE is available from www.gurumakeupemporium.com in the UK and costs £17.50.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review, really helpful. I've been thinking about getting this one for a while now but I think that it being prone to clumping would be a no no for me x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natural lashes are good for some days, yeah. But the pow this mascara gives is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to try this, I've not yet tried MUFE as it's not very easily accessible but I hope to soon though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find this get better after a free weeks open as it dries up a bit. I was disappointed at the start but have been using it for a few months now and like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your experience with it is similar to mine: was a bit dissapointed at first, but the more I used it, the more I liked it, and I'm all for dramatic mascaras!!!
    It's a really nice mascara, but somehow I still think it's overhyped, especially since I think there's a couple of drugstore mascaras that can easily beat it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Replica: I'm glad the review was useful. I definitely don't think it's going to be suitable for everyone.

    @Eden-Avalon: I do like the drama with this one.

    @Summer Loren: The accessibility is the main reason I haven't tried much. I wish Sephora would return to the UK!

    @baby in a corner: I wonder if the drying up is what improved it for me? I'm still using it almost daily.

    @Tina: Which drugstore ones do you rate Tina? I haven't tried a lot of the newer ones.

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and read each and every one. I always do my best to reply too. If you have a question and need a quick response, please feel free to email me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails