Wednesday 15 September 2010

e.l.f. Rosy Raisin lipstick

Oxford Jasmine was kind enough to send me this lipstick to try after my makeover. It's definitely my sort of colour, more on that in a moment. The pictures of the lipstick bullet make it appear a bit darker than it is. It's actually a rosy nude colour with a light amount of shimmer running through it. In the bullet it also looks a little mauve toned.

Photobucket


Photobucket
















On my lips it wears as a my lips but better kind of shade. Maybe a little more peachy looking than my own natural colour. It's quite sheer but will layer up for more colour and it has a nice moisturising feel.

Photobucket


This picture gives you a better idea of how it looks against the rest of my colouring. When I saw this picture, I thought, hmmm...this looks a little familiar! As it turns out it is rather a good dupe to my most favourite lipstick Irreverence by Rouge Bunny Rouge. I took some pictures to show you the similarity.

Photobucket


In the swatch picture, Irreverence is on the left and Rosy Raisin on the right. In the pictures of the lipsticks the order is reversed (sorry about that!). I think in the bullet Rosy Raisin looks a touch darker whereas in the swatch it's Irreverence that looks a little darker. I would say that Irreverence is definitely more opaque and creamy, it's also a satin finish compared to Rosy Raisin which has a light shimmer.

Photobucket


On my lips there's not much difference. Irreverence is on the left and Rosy Raisin is on the right. I do think they're very similar, though Irreverence is a bit more luxurious in feel as you'd probably expect. There's quite a difference in price, the Rouge Bunny Rouge lipsticks retail at £22 whereas as the e.l.f. mineral lipsticks are priced £3.50. It's certainly a great alternative if you're on a budget or want to experiment with different colours.

Have you tried any of the e.l.f. lipsticks? Do you have any shade recommendations?

5 comments:

  1. That's a really flattering shade with your skin tone. I definitely want to try out some of the E.L.F. stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The elf lip stick looks lovely on and I can't believe how much cheaper it is!

    I haven't tried many of the lip sticks but they do a gorgeous one called Nicely nude - which does exactly what it says on the tin... it's just a nice simple lip coloured shade but the texture is lovely and it lasts quite a while too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my favourite nude lipstick, it's my lips but better =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good dupe! I think I'll give that a try myself.

    I think the Rouge Bunny Rouge lipstick makes your lips look more moisturised and a bit plumper (in the close up pictures) do you think thats right or just how the pictures came out?

    ReplyDelete
  5. have a list of things I’d like to get! Jasmine used the HD powder on me and I really want to get that. I think the products are great value and definitely worth a try. Btw, I’m loving your name Chicky!

    @All Made Up: There’s definitely a big difference in price. The Rouge Bunny Rouge is certainly better in terms of formula, the lipsticks feel beautiful on and are moisturising. But for the e.l.f. lipsticks are excellent value. Nicely Nude sounds very nice. This is about as nude as I tend to go though as I just don’t think I can pull off pale lips!

    @Karleigh: I think it’s a great colour, I wear Irreverence a lot so it’s great to find a back up!

    @NicolaOCD: It is a good dupe isn’t it? You’re right about the difference between the two though. The Rouge Bunny Rouge is more moisturising and plumping, hand on heart I think their lipsticks are my favourite formula. For the price though I think the e.l.f. lipstick is lovely and this is a really nice everyday colour.

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and read each and every one. I always do my best to reply too. If you have a question and need a quick response, please feel free to email me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails