Monday 27 September 2010

Rouge Bunny Rouge Abyssinian Catbird and Lacquer Liner

My latest Rouge Bunny Rouge items are here! This is only their second outing so this isn't a thorough review, just my initial thoughts. I've included swatches as well as some pictures of me wearing them together. It's very picture heavy but I that's probably a good thing in this case.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is Rouge Bunny Rouge Abyssinian Catbird eyeshadow. It's an amazing colour and so unique. It has touches of khaki, gold and bronze. I'd been worried that it would too warm for me as I do struggle with gold and bronze shades but it doesn't seem to lean too warm or too cool so I think most people could pull this off. This is just as buttery soft to apply as my other Rouge Bunny Rouge eyeshadows and it's very pigmented too. Just a single swipe of the pan with my 239 brush was enough to get good even coverage over my mobile lid. There was no fallout either. I am so pleased I got this eyeshadow, I've been admiring it for such a long time. I just wish I'd got it sooner.


Photobucket


Photobucket


This is the newest addition to the Rouge Bunny Rouge line. Raven Gaze Lacquer liner is a black liner with felt tip style applicator. You don't have to apply much pressure and the nib is firm (though not scratchy) so it's easy to get a precise line. Hopefully you can see from the swatches that you can adjust the thickness by either using the point or the side of the nib to draw the line. The liner dries quickly so that you don't have to worry about transfer. I like the lacquer finish, it's glossy without being too wet looking. I don't think I've worn it enough to comment on how hard wearing it is. It's not waterproof and the swatches washed off easily. I'm pleased to report though that after a trip outside in the rain I wasn't left with Alice Cooper eyes!

I'm pleased I bought this as it's useful for applying liner quickly. I really hope they bring out a dark brown version. I like the applicator but it would be really nice to have an alternative to black.

I'm wearing both Abyssinian Catbird and lacquer liner today as you can see in these photos. My eyes were primed using Too Faced Shadow Insurance and I applied MAC Brule as a base all over the lid. I applied Abyssinian Catbird all over my mobile lid and I darkened with MAC Smut on the outer V and into the crease.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

If you like the look of Abyssinian Catbird keep a lookout for my giveaway coming later this week. Hint hint!!

23 comments:

  1. What lovely eyes you have. I am really drawn to Abyssinian Catbird.

    Rachelle Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like such a beautiful colour. Would you recommend it as a good starter shade for someone that is looking to make their first purchase from the brand? They all so look pretty on the website it is hard to choose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been debating whether to get Abyssinian Catbird for some time and now I may have to do it. It looks fabulous on you! I like that it's smokey-looking but not dark.

    I was also wondering about the new liquid liner. It looks like you got a great line with it. I don't have much experience with applying liquid liners ... do you think this would work for a beginner?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the eyeshadow!The pigment looks really intense. I like it and love it on you. It does work with your skin tone. Good choice there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love this look!
    Wish i'd ordered these this weekend x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the idea of this sort of old greenish gold shadow, and I think it brings out your eye colour particularly well. Thanks for the post and pics. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How gorgeous is this eye shadow?!!? Looks lovely on you x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my favorite e/s colors. The texture of catbird is truly divine! I love the look you created- stunning!

    x
    jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great colour, I wonder if it would suit me.. So hard to tell..
    It looks gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Rachelle: Thank you! It really is a beautiful colour. I wish I’d got it sooner.

    @Lipstick Luvvie: I know what you mean about it being hard to choose. I think it is a really good colour as an introduction to the brand. It is truly a unique colour. I have Solstice Halcyon too which is a staple for me, it depends on if you’re a lover of taupes? AC is a good one though as it’s not especially dupable.

    @pretty addicted: Thanks you. I like colours which are dark but still suitable for day wear. Although I’m getting better with liner all the time, I still think of myself as a novice. I think this is quite an easy pen to use to get a nice line. Unlike other liners you can fix it if you blob because it isn’t waterproof.

    @BellaQueen: Thanks! The pigment is very intense. This is such a beautiful colour, I love it!

    @WelshBeautyBlog: Thank you! You never know, maybe the giveaway will offer you another opportunity to get hold of this colour ;)

    @Jan: Thanks Jan. I had been hesitant in the past as I thought it would look wrong on me or too warm. I’m very pleased to be wrong!

    @LeanneOCD: Thank you. I’m very pleased with it. It’s not at all like anything else in my collection.

    @Jeanie: It’s gorgeous isn’t it? Thanks for your kind comment.

    @Sweetcheeks: Thanks! I know quite a few other people have this and love it. Tali from The Gloss Goss, Sarah at I Heart Cosmetics and Replica at Visionary Beauty have all blogged swatches. Although I know it can be hard to tell if it will suit but I think this will suit most people.

    Thanks, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh I LOVE this look on you! Reminds me that I need to break out my MAC Patina more often. I wonder how similar it is to Abyssinian Catbird?

    Also, have you ever tried tightlining?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wanna try this e/s colour for ages and the liner looks great, too! Good on you for picking those, I might get'em, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This look is just stunning Jane! As someone else said, it brings out the colour of your eyes beautifully and effortlessly. I'd love to see it with a bolder line too...
    Top purchases I'd say!
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  14. @MLBB: Thank you. I shall do a comparison on Patina and Abyssinian Catbird for you later today. They are similar in colour tone but AC is much more pigmented and the khaki/olive tones are more obvious.

    I have tried tightlining often but I'm not very good! If I do it by lining from the underside of my lash line, I always end up with an imprint on my lower lash line. I know it would help define my eyes more and get rid of the 'gap' at my lash line but try as I might, I always muck it up, lol!! Any tips, gratefully received!

    @Sam: This eyeshadow is lovely, I'm pleased I stopped wondering and bought it! I'm happy I got the liner too. I would definitely recommend them.

    @Nina: Thank you! I shall try a more dramatic line next time I use this :). How are things with you? You know, I'm currently having a tussle between getting a Julie Hewett palette with Mystere hue in or getting the MUFE Aqua cream you showed me. I'd don't suppose you have made the comparison yourself have you?

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting dilemma...I haven't made the comparison, no. I only own lip products from J Hewett, which I find extremely good. I have seen raving reviews of the hues (and some mouth-watering swatches of Mystere on Olivia's blog -if you haven't seen them let me know and I'll try to find the link for you).
    Simply from a glutton's point of view I would go with the palette :-))) as the quality of JH products is, it seems, undisputed and they have a reputation for being real workhorses...
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ok, having gone back to one of Olivia's swatches, I'd have to say the two products are different mainly in that the MUFE has more brown in it than the JH where the gray/purple undertone is stronger. I guess it's down to your skintone, although both also make excellent bases for other eyeshadows that can alter the finished effect... x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well you know I am a fan of that shadow too, looks really good on you. I do like the look of that liner but I don't tend to fare to well with those felt tip type ones.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much Nina, I really appreciate your thoughts. I'll have a look at the swatches but I do seem to make a bee-line for any taupe with a purple undertone! I would really like to make up a JH palette though. I'm putting it down on my Christmas list and we'll see if I crack before then!

    Hi Replica, well you definitely helped me make this purchase! I love the colour, it's so special. I was worried about the eyeliner but was tempted purely because I like the RBR products and thought they'd make a good job if it. I still want one of the liners like you already have. I did a bit of a basket dance with Tiger Eye but the lacquer liner won in the end. (Note, I've just spotted the new Amethyst Essence on the RBR website, is that on Zuneta?).

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  19. yes that Amethyst one is on Zuneta and I really want that, I think it would really add a little bit of pretty sparkle to a neutral look.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The RBR Eyeshadows are awesome and also the new Eyeliner...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks Holger, you have an amazing collection. I was admiring the hatbox mono eyeshadow collection. The RBR eyeshadows really are some of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Replica, I shall have to resist the Amethyst until next month at least. Purples are such a weakness though. It would look so pretty with Solstice Halcyon.....

    ReplyDelete
  23. You look stunning in it, I knew it! gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and read each and every one. I always do my best to reply too. If you have a question and need a quick response, please feel free to email me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails