Thursday 16 September 2010

Guest Post: MUFE Aqua Creams

Today we have another guest post from Katie at My Lips But Better. I've loved chatting with Katie and I find her reviews so helpful. I'm really pleased she agreed to do these Make Up Forever posts. So, without further a do take it away MLBB!


They say...
Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream is an ultra-pigmented, long-lasting waterproof cream. Combines the highest-quality pigments with mother of pearl particles to give immediate rich color payoff with a luminous finish in just one application. Long-lasting formulation will not crease or smudge under the most extreme conditions and the creamy and elastic texture allows for easy blending.

I say...
Ever since MAC discontinued some Paint Pots, I've been on the hunt for a good cream shadow. I was very impressed by MUFE's claims of all day staying power and taken aback by the level of pigment in

So I went off to Sephora and bought #2, a shimmering silver taupe. The closest thing in my collection is Benefit Skinny Jeans, which by comparison has less shimmer and is warmer.


Photobucket


I tested #2 during the last few weeks of summer heat here and am pleased to say that they do not budge! Without primer, the shadow looked fresh for 10 hours. Even after the 10 hour mark, there was plenty of color and shimmer to be seen, but it wasn't as intense as when I first applied.

The texture is smooth and slick; it felt less creamy and dense than Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadows (which don't last as long without a primer). My Aqua Cream was quite shimmery, but shades 5-10 are shimmer-free. Aqua Creams aren't just eyeshadows either! All shades are safe for eyes and cheeks, and shades 5-10 are also lip-safe.

Photobucket

I recommend applying these with a finger if you can, so if you're a makeup artist or just funny about germs, consider scooping out some product with a cotton bud and then applying with fingers. The heat from your hand melts the product so it applies smoothly and evenly.

My only suggestion for Aqua Creams would be to add some muted colors. I understand that MUFE has traditionally been a professional brand, but since they've moved into Sephora I hope they will embrace the mass market. And that's hardly a criticism... I'm merely asking for more!

You can purchase MUFE Aqua Creams at Sephora in the US ($22 for .21 oz) or www.makeup-provisions.com in the UK (£15.50 for 6 g).

Bottom Line
Aqua Creams have impressive staying power and great color payoff. If you see a shade you like, get it!


Thank you Katie for another excellent review! If you fancy trying MUFE HD foundation, don't forget about the discount for readers which is available till the end of this month. You can get a 15% discount on MUFE HD Foundation through Makeup Artist Provisions online store. The offer is available for the first 100 to quote MODESTY online before 30th of September.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jane and Katie,
    Thanks for this review! I couldn't agree more...I have the same shade (purchased from Sephora in Athens) and enjoy using it more than my Skinny Jeans. I find that, being a somewhat thinner formula, the MUFE spreads more easily and evenly. I also got no15 which is one of the loveliest taupes I own and probably the easiest colour to create a defined, polished and long-lasting look ever.
    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nina, glad you enjoyed Katie's review. However, making a claim such as "one of the loveliest taupes" and "easiest colour to create a defined, polished and long-lasting look ever" means I will now have to buy this to see for myself. You know I can't resist a good taupe! Hee hee!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehehehe...evil laugh...guilty as charged!
    Tell you what, I'll try to swatch it for you, although it will have to be on hubby's iphone since my camera died an untimely death some time ago and has yet to be replaced :-)
    Nx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be lovely, I feel a lusting coming on! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very helpful, am gutted to hear that MAC have discontinued some paint pots before I have even tried them, but delighted that there is a possibly better alternative. Thanks for the post and pics. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these shadows, though I do find them harder to work with than Paint Pots as they tend to try quicker. That said - I took them on holiday to Lisbon over summer and they lasted all day during the blazing heat. Definitely agree they need to bring out more muted shades though - I'd love some more nudey skin-toned ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @lipstickmama: They sound great don’t they. Well worth a try. I’m after No.15 (Taupe) after seeing Nina’s swatches. It’s look just my sort of thing.

    @star_violet: Lovely to see you! It certainly sounds like these stand up to the test if they last in the heat. I know it’s cooled right off here but as I do a lot of traipsing about outside, hard-wearing is always welcome. Fingers crossed they’ll bring out some more nudey shades.

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and read each and every one. I always do my best to reply too. If you have a question and need a quick response, please feel free to email me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails