Tuesday 21 September 2010

Neutrals on a budget

I did this particular eye look whilst I was trying the Sleek palettes for my guest review. I did struggle a bit with when I first got these palettes but I'm quite happy with how this turned out. The eyeshadows aren't as easy to blend and don't last as long as some my favourite brands but they are relatively inexpensive. As you can probably see, this isn't that dissimilar to some of the looks I did with the Rue de Passy palette.

Photobucket

Eyes
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Sleek eyeshadow palette
Hourglass Film Noir mascara
Brows - I'm not sure if this my usual Shu U pencil or the e.l.f. brow set in Medium


Photobucket

Face
Lancome Teint Miracle in 02
RMK Super basic liquid concealer
Edward Bess After Sunset compact rouge


Lips
Rouge Bunny Rouge Irreverence (you could swap this for e.l.f. Rosy Raisin for a proper budget look)

6 comments:

  1. Lovely and neutral face. Love the cheeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very wearable, and unfussy. Thanks for the post and pics. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what it is but all browns really seem to look lovely and soft on you, I'm thinking it may be your skintone. Anyways you always make brown eyeshadows look lovely and smokey/soft.

    Nice post and pics!

    Fee x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how soft and subtle you've made this look! I think the Sleek palettes are fab and even keep one in my drawer at work in case of "emergencies"

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sweetcheeks: Thank you, I really like how my cheeks look here too.

    @lipstickmama: Thanks Jan. It’s definitely quite a muted look. I’m feeling the urge to do something more wild though. I think it’s time to hit the Illamasqua collection isn’t it?

    @Makeup Savvy: You’re very kind Fee. I do have to be a little careful with browns though. If they’re too warm or bronzey they can give me quite a bruised look. I always tend towards more grey and cool toned browns. It do like the soft definition I get from these sorts of colours.

    @All Made Up: Thanks! Although I’m not very adventurous with the colours, I think these palettes are quite handy. I keep using mine as to put my make up on as I like the size of the mirror!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this look on you. Perfect for day times or just looking polished and well done without overdoing the make up.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and read each and every one. I always do my best to reply too. If you have a question and need a quick response, please feel free to email me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails