Monday 13 September 2010

Guest Post: Make Up For Ever Artist Intense lipsticks

I was really excited when Katie from the excellent My Lips But Better contacted me about swapping some guest posts. I thought I'd make the most of the opportunity and asked Katie if she wouldn't mind reviewing some Make Up For Ever products for me. I have been toying with making a purchase from this brand for a long time but find it awkward as it's relatively hard to get hold of UK and mostly purchasing is done blind. I always find it really useful to browse swatches and reviews in these circumstances. So, take it away Katie!

THEY SAY…

Rouge Artist Intense is a highly pigmented, long-lasting lipstick that delivers rich color in one stroke. Formulated with 50% more pigment than the traditional lipstick, Rouge Artist Intense gives an immediate true-to-color result. A blend of three natural waxes, the creamy texture glides on effortlessly for a long-lasting hold. The extensive color and texture range provides unlimited creativity.

I SAY…

They aren’t kidding about the pigment! I wouldn’t doubt that all of these swatches were done with one stroke of color, and to be honest that’s pretty amazing.

Photobucket

I’m also impressed by the staying power of Rouge Artist Intense. On my lips they last a good 4-5 hours, and would probably last longer if I didn’t eat lunch in the middle of the day (that pesky eating thing is always getting in the way…) The color lasts through a drink (or three), so you can count on these if you’re going somewhere for cocktails.

The key to the lasting power is the satin formula, which I would describe as semi-matte. I can’t comment on the matte or pearly formulas because I only own #30 (mauvey nude) and #35 (raspberry), which are satin finish shades. In my collection, the next closest formula is Revlon Matte (the MUFE lipsticks have a hint more sheen).

Photobucket

Photobucket

I find that the formula feels great right after applying but can suck the moisture out of my lips after a few hours. That’s the tradeoff with lipsticks – you either get moisture or lasting power. Some people try to combat this by applying balm underneath the lipstick. In my experience this prevents the lipstick from bonding properly to your lips, so I don’t recommend it. Instead, try applying balm or gloss on top.

Rouge Artist Intense lipsticks are supposed to smell like roses, but I find that the scent is strikingly similar to Chanel lipsticks. The packaging is sleek and functional with a cap that clicks tightly into place. The labels on the bottom are even color-coded for easy location! My one beef is that the shiny metal shows every imaginable fingerprint. Less neurotic people probably wouldn’t be bothered by this.

You can purchase MUFE products from Sephora in the USA or www.makeup-provisions.com and www.gurumakeupemporium.com in the UK.



Thanks Katie for the excellent review. I've been in touch with the lovely people at Makeup Artists Provisions and I have great news! As my readers you can get a 15% discount on MUFE HD Foundation through Makeup Artist Provisions online store. The offer is available for the first 100 to quote MODESTY online before 30th of Sept. This is excellent news if like me you've never got round to trying this cult favourite.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for this opportunity! I'm working on the Aqua Cream review as we speak... so excited about the code!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colours and great pics and review - thanks so much for this, am very excited about the discount code, if I was not on a self imposed no spend I would be there in a flash. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done you on getting a discount code! These look great lippies for those times when re-application might be difficult.

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice review! the colours are lovely and #30 is exactly the kinda shade I'd go for myself. I'm quite anal so the metal containers would probably drive me nuts but I guess that would be a small trade off for long lasting colour.

    And of course it would be a crime not to use the discount... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @MLBB: Thank YOU for the great review. I fancy both of these colours, they’re both exactly the sorts of colours I like to wear myself. I’m really looking forward to your aqua cream review!

    @Jan: MLBB’s review is excellent, I always appreciate seeing good pictures of colours and products that I’m unable to see in the flesh. Good luck with the spending ban, I probably need to do that myself!

    @Ali: Why thank you! I like the look of these lippies too, I often feel a bit shy on re-applying in public so long-lasting can be very handy. I wish I was like my friend that mastered the art of getting it on minus a mirror. I’d definitely look like Coco the clown if I did that!

    @All Made Up: Yes, it’s almost rude not to! Glad you enjoyed Kaite’s review. These are definitely the sorts of shades I go for too.

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Modesty - your comment just reminded me of a moment at college where I applied lip gloss, very sexily, minus a mirror in front of a bloke that I fancied enormously.

    He couldn't take his eyes off me. A while later I went to the loo and realised that it wasn't lip gloss that I'd been smearing on, but one of those colour-changing lipsticks.

    No wonder he couldn't take his eyes off me - I looked like Robert Smith from The Cure, only WORSE!

    Always, always use a mirror lol!

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read your comment this morning but didn't get chance to reply. That was bloody hilarious! I can imagine the scene, you think you're all charming, sophisticated and glamourous when in actual fact the looks are for the Barbara Cartland like lipstick gash! Hahahahahahaaa!

    This will serve as a warning to me and I will never attempt an application without mirror ever again!

    Thanks for sharing ;)
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got some MUFE HD Foundation from Goss Makeup Artist and it's lovely very pleased with it. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to try the HD Foundation Sparklz. I might have to make use of the offer myself! x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and read each and every one. I always do my best to reply too. If you have a question and need a quick response, please feel free to email me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails