Friday 15 July 2011

Kat Confesses!

This week is the turn of lovely Kat of Kat's Beauty Review. Kat or KittyFairy as I know her on Twitter, has a been there to sympathise with some of my more unusual predicaments for which I am very grateful. I do fear we may all see her in a new light by the time we've finished this post. It's time to take a peak...




Confession is good for the soul, go ahead and unburden yourself! I promise I won’t judge.

Oh my life, I have soooo many things to confess, I could be here for a long while! In fact, I’ve changed my mind; I’d like to leave now....who locked the door?? Fine. Okay, I’ll confess...so here goes:

1. I do not look after my skin as much as I probably should, in fact, I’ll use a face wash every time I shower, and you are very lucky if it gets any further than that! I don’t even moisturise that often. I know, terrible. And, I may also be prone to not taking my make up off before bed. I am not afraid to confess that yes, I am very lazy!

NO moisturiser!!!!!!


2. I am physically incapable of leaving spots alone. Whilst I don’t honestly have that many these days, in my younger years I may have been known to prod, pinch and squeeze these monstrosities.

3. I didn’t know how to apply any type of make up until I was roughly 24/25! Eye shadow was slapped on, foundation was non-existent (which is probably a good thing) and don’t even go there with eye liner, because I just could not master it.

4. I’m a nail varnish-aholic, and I can’t stop buying more. Nails Inc really should stop having offers with Fabulous and Dove, because seriously I will buy them all given half the opportunity (luckily for my credit card, my local Boots isn’t doing the Dove offer!)

5. I detest shaving my legs, and I will avoid doing it for as long as physically possible!!



There, don’t you feel better now?

Aunty Brown has a few more questions though; it’s true that I’m the nosy type.

When was the last time you visited the hairdresser?

Actually, it was only about four weeks ago. I say “actually” because it usually takes me roughly twelve months before I’ll go to the hairdressers. I absolutely hate getting my hair cut, which is ridiculous because I love my hair once it’s cut, and hate it even more when it gets too long, so I really only have myself to blame!!

Which bit of beauty trickery couldn’t you live without?

Hand on heart; I don’t really use that much trickery. I’ve never fake tanned, I’ve only really worn false lashes once, and I don’t wear false nails (mainly because I can’t stand them). I don’t wax. I am, however, guilty of hiding my terrible skin behind copious amounts of green concealer, on occasion.

You’ve overslept and have 5 minutes to get out of the house. Are you going out with dirty hair or no makeup?

No question. No makeup. I can cope without wearing makeup, but greasy hair (my hair gets greasy within 24 hours) is just a huge no-no for me.

I think it stems down to the one time, when I was at School, that I didn’t wash my hair, and my so-called friends gave me a lot of grief over it, asking if I’d washed my hair in chip fat, amongst other very nasty things, and I haven’t dared go outside the house unless I’ve washed it that morning, ever since!

Which trend still makes you cringe?

Okay the information I am about to share is top secret. No one can EVER know....so, you promise that you will not tell anyone that I told you this, okay?? Great. Good...

But, when I was a teenager, I was not what you could call “trendy”; I was, in fact, a Wannabe Nerd!!

I had the awful fashion sense (okay, the non-existent fashion sense)

I actually begged my Mum to take me to the Opticians because I WANTED glasses, (my Mum even told me, in front of the Optician, that I was not allowed to lie “just so that I could get glasses”), and oh yes, in the summer of 1997, I became the very proud owner of a ginormous pair of purple “Deirdre” glasses, and I LOVED them... (Oh god!)

And to top it all off, at fifteen, when my Dentist told me I needed braces...I was, yup, you guessed it....EXCITED!

A yes frequently copied look from Ms Perry! Image source


Oh, and by the way, when I was 20, I had orange hair! This was not intentional either! I might have been at Uni, and prone to having purple hair, but the orange was supposed to be red!!!


----------------------------------
Ahem....well, what can I say. Most interesting! It's hard to believe that your greatest wish was to own a pair of Deidre glasses! Frighteningly for a beauty blog, that's the third time Deirdre and her glasses have had a mention. Thank you so much for sharing Kat.

If you have something you need to get off your chest and want to take a turn in the Friday Confessional you can email me at modestybrown@googlemail.com. It's open to everyone: if you have something to confess, I'm happy to hear it!

2 comments:

  1. Hey - I really enjoyed reading this... Can I please take part in a confessional. I love this sort of tag question thing and it would be great fun PlLLeeAAAsssEEE!!! X0X0X0X

    lots of love Natalie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nathalie! Yes, of course, I would love to have you. Can you email me? I had a look on your blog for you email address but I couldn't find it anywhere. I can send you a date and questions :)
    Jx

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and read each and every one. I always do my best to reply too. If you have a question and need a quick response, please feel free to email me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails