Wednesday 27 July 2011

Looking Forward to......Chanel Illusions d'Ombres Collection

I mentioned recently that I was feeling a little uninspired of late and already looking forward to the Autumn collections. I thought I'd share with you some of the particular collections and pieces I'm interested in. One that I am especially looking forward to is the Illusions d'Ombres de Chanel collection. I have been admiring all of the swatches popping up on the US blogs and texture of the Luminous eyeshadows is really talking to me. They have a whipped gel like texture rather than a cream or cream/powder hybrid. The colours look divine and even as someone that is scared of shimmer, I am really drawn to these.

Illusion d'Ombres

Illusion d'Ombres2


Illusoire (a complex mauve-grey taupe) and Épatant (shimmering grey-khaki) went straight on my list. I think the reasons are probably obvious enough! Though neither Émerveillé (peach) nor Fantasme (iridescent white) are my usual sorts of colours I have seen some great reviews that have made me wonder. I can blame Cafe Makeup for my interest in Fantasme and Pink Sith for Émerveillé. The other two colours Mirifique (sparkling black) and Ébloui (a red toned brown) are stunning but probably a little too dramatic for me.

Peridot+Quartz+Graphite

Le Vernis in Quartz


The nail varnishes also look amazing. I expect these to sell out quickly in true Chanel style. I think Peridot, Quartz and Graphite are a shift away from the usual Chanel releases. Quartz is a shimmery taupe, Peridot is a complex beetle green that changes colour shifts according to the light and Graphite is a glittery metallic grey. For excellent nail swatches of all three colours I recommend checking out The Beauty Look Books post. I posted a link comparing Quartz to Illamasqua's Bacterium not long ago which is also worth a look.

Platine
Prelude Quadra

Rose Ecrin
Rose Écrin blusher


The Prélude quadra looks interesting and very much my usual colour palette. In this case it's a little harder to make a decision based on the reviews from the States as Europe will have the baked eyeshadow version. I will need to check the texture and pigmentation in person to know if this is a palette for me. The Khaki Platine eyeliner is a very soft khaki and I'll be interested to see how well this would define the eye area. I think the Rose Écrin blusher looks very pretty as do all the lip products but these aren't grabbing me as much as the Illusion d'Ombres eyeshadows or the nail colours.

Here's a quick run down of the prices for the collection:

ILLUSION D’OMBRE (Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow) £22.50

LES 4 OMBRES (Quadra Eyeshadow) in Prélude £37.00

LE CRAYON YEUX (Precision Eye Definer) in Khaki-Platine £17.00

ROUGE COCO (Hydrating Crème Lip Colour) £23.00

LÈVRES SCINTILLANTES (Glossimer For Lips) £20.00

LE CRAYON LÈVRES (Précision Lip Definer) £17.50

JOUES CONTRASTE (Powder Blush) in Rose Écrin £31.00

LE VERNIS (Nail Colour) £18.00


The collection is due for release on 19th August in the UK. Is there anything grabbing you?



Images courtesy of Chanel. Please do not copy.


7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, those nail polishes look absolutely divine. Jude xx @jadlgw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prelude SHALL BE MINE!
    (not that I'm obsessing or anything, you understand)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nail polishes and Émerveillé are on my "to own" list... but who knows what else will catch my eye :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous are those pics?! Totally mouthwatering and very tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photos are gorgeous, and the Illusion d'Ombre eyeshadows seem like a clear stand-out from the collection. Still, much too expensive for my pocket... x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Alice, mouthwatering is the word! The eyeshadows are the definites for me x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving the nail polish and the Chanel shadows.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and read each and every one. I always do my best to reply too. If you have a question and need a quick response, please feel free to email me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails