Friday 27 August 2010

Bobbi Brown Black Velvet Collection

I have come to the conclusion that Autumn collections are my absolute favourite. I love the rich deep colours, dark berry lips and to be fair, the move away from bronze! When I spotted the visuals for Black Velvet I was really excited.




Bobbi describes this collection as making the catwalk trend for goth lips and sooty lids work for real life. "I created shades that are strong, powerful and a little shocking—but also wearable and sophisticated". The collection is made up of entirely dark colours; blacks infused with plum, cherry and maple tones. I'm very drawn to these sorts of shades and because these are Bobbi Brown, I am sure they will be very flattering.



There are three new Metallic Eye Shadows; Black Berry, Black Cocoa and Black Charcoal and two new Sparkle Eyeshadows; Black and Black Velvet. The Sparkle Eyeshadows are limited edition. The two new matte eyeshadows; Black Charcoal and Black Chocolate are both almost black and can be used as either eyeshadow or powder liner. I'm already imagining the beautiful effect you could create by layering the Sparkle eyeshadows over the matte colours.








There are four different lip products coming out with the collection. The Limited Edition lip gloss in Black Chocolate, two new Creamy Lip Colours in Black Mahogany and Black Cherry as well as new Metallic Lip Colour in Black Garnet. These all sound beautiful but the absolute standouts for me are the Limited Edition Lip Colours in Black Maple and Black Raspberry. If you've read my post on lip stains, you'll know I'm on the look out for a dark berry shade for the cooler months and Black Raspberry could be just the ticket!




Of course, I've saved my favourite till last. Three Limited Edition Kohl Eyeliners; Black, Black Chocolate and Black Plum. When I read the following "lining your lids superclose to your lashline (without that annoying gap) just got easy" I was sold! I'm short-sighted and without definition my eyes can disappear behind my glasses. Consequently, I'm always on the look out for great liners. Maybe it's just me but I often I get that little gap at my lash line and I'm rubbish at tightlining without it transferring to the lower lashline. I can't wait to try these liners to see if they can deliver, both Black Chocolate and Black Plum sound perfect for me. These can also be smudged to create a smoky effect. 



This collection will be released in the UK in September. Do you think you will be indulging?

3 comments:

  1. These do look lovely, really like Bobbi Brown make up and am loving the idea of blackened shades - shadows 3 and 4 from your pics look lush (might have to over look my fear of sparkle!) and Black Plum eye pencil has to be a winner, might have to start saving pennies for a splurge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful collection :) so many things that I want!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie, I think those eyeshadows are the metallic ones rather than the sparkle. I think in all cases though, BB knows how to make flattering colours and textures. I'm always nervous myself with shimmer (and wrinkles) but would love to give these a dry. I'm just an old goth girl at heart!! That Black Plum liner looks lovely doesn't it?

    Hi Emily, I feel the same. There's so many things I would love to get from this collection.

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and read each and every one. I always do my best to reply too. If you have a question and need a quick response, please feel free to email me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails