Friday 18 March 2011

BeautySwot Gives It Up

Bettina aka BeautySwot loves beauty and a bit of afternoon tea. Well, to be fair, who doesn't like a bit of cake? For such a refined lady, it's hard to imagine there's anything to confess. I can assure you, that's never going to put Aunty Brown off.....



Confession is good for the soul, go ahead and unburden yourself! I promise I won’t judge.

Ok my confession as a beauty blogger is that I have never tried MAC or Nars..... I know I can hear the gasps already! I don’t know why but I just have never got round to trying them. When I used to purchase a lot of premium products (usually from Estee Lauder, Lancome and Bobbi Brown), I used to concentrate on foundations, eye shadows and lipsticks!

What? No NARS?


However, I do have a wish list of items from both so it will only be a matter of time before something from both will be in my makeup collection.

I want to try a foundation and blusher from MAC and I have my eyes on quite a few Nars blushers.

So tell me... Am I really missing out ?

I had an Estee Lauder blusher for years that did me well – I loved it so much but it is discontinued now and this is what prompted me to start looking elsewhere

I am so glad I have confessed!


There, don’t you feel better now?

Aunty Brown has a few more questions though; it’s true that I’m the nosy type.

When was the last time you visited the hairdresser?
Quite a few months ago but probably by the time this is published I will have been!

You have a choice: bad hair or bad nails?
Bad nails

What is the oldest item of make up in your collection?
Estee Lauder lipstick in Sinful. I only came across it when I started organising my makeup... I did have a good clear out a few months ago though so I am not sure how this escaped.

Which trend still makes you cringe?
Big hair and shoulder pads!

I looked way older than my years at 15

Joan works the hair and sharp shoulders like no other.

This was pre straighteners, thank goodness for them! Now my hair can be lovely, smooth and sleek if I fancy it.

------------------------------------------------

So, have you been to the hairdresser? Thank you so much for sharing. I understand the not having had MAC and NARS. Up until a couple of years ago, I could have said the same thing. In the case of MAC, I'd say skip the foundation and move on to the eyeshadows. I'll be interested to see what others think though!

If you would like to take a turn and unburden yourself in the Friday Confessional you can email me at modestybrown@googlemail.com. It's open to everyone: if you have something to confess, I'm happy to hear it!


Image of Marilyn from PopartUK and Joan Collins from Jive Turkey

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and read each and every one. I always do my best to reply too. If you have a question and need a quick response, please feel free to email me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails