Saturday 19 March 2011

OPI Supports Ovarian Cancer Awareness

I thought I would take a moment to explain the ribbon I have on the top right of my blog at the moment. March is Ovarian Cancer Awareness month. It is a cancer that has affected the lives of family friends and for me the fact that women are mis-diagnosed with IBS or the effects of the menopause is a truth rather than simply a statement.

This month ovarian cancer support network Ovacome have launched their online symptom tracker which you can find on the BEAT online website. Ovacome's BEAT campaign aims to raise awareness of the main symptoms of ovarian cancer and their advice: B is for bloating that is persistent, E is for eating less and feeling fuller, A is for abdominal pain that you feel most days and T is for talk to your GP.




To support the campaign, OPI are donating £1 for every bottle of Ski Teal We Drop sold this month. You can buy from www.lenawhite.co.uk or from stores such as Selfridges and John Lewis, as well as salons and spas that stock OPI. Bottles sold during March will carry a label highlighting the BEAT campaign. You can also support Ovacome directly via their website www.ovacome.org.uk.

3 comments:

  1. Hiya, My mum died of ovarian cancer in 2004 so this is obviously something that is close to my heart. I'll definitely be popping out to get a bottle of this nail varnish.
    BTW love your blog & youtube videos x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great color for a wonderful cause! I will look for this! x jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helen, I'm so sorry to hear about your Mum. Obviously you know how important that people know about the symptoms. Hopefully their campaign will get the message out there.

    Hi Jeanie, the colour is lovely. Such a good cause too.

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and read each and every one. I always do my best to reply too. If you have a question and need a quick response, please feel free to email me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails