Friday 29 April 2011

Lulu Let's it All Out!

Today we have lovely Lulu baring all for us. As a beauty professional you'd hope there weren't any secrets to hide but.......well, I guess we're all human.




Confession is good for the soul, go ahead and unburden yourself! I promise I won’t judge.

I suppose I have a couple of confessions, well, a couple that I can disclose lol

The first one, is a bad one. I own an eyelash extension bar, and one of the big No-No's with lashes is “dont pick or fiddle with them”. Well, my name is Lulu and I am a picker!!! Not just a little pick and fiddle, but full on, pull every one of the extensions off!

I went to New York in January, and had lashes applied for my trip. My vision was of me waking up in New York, hung over, but still looking human because of my lovely lashes! This wasnt to be. I picked off every last lash on the plane, on the way over to New York. Yep, I didnt even get a night out of them! I have vowed to never have them applied again as I just cant leave them (this feels good to off load).

Now you really know why they've got the glasses on!


My second one is that I am an awful make up hoarder. I never throw anything away! I don't necessarily use them, but I just keep them. I recently discovered a bronzer, that I purchased on a plane, about 6 years ago. Its gotta go. I have just bought some pretty storage items for my make up, and my plan is too be ruthless with my make up and sort it out! I may need a little help with that. Some of the make up items are a skin breakout waiting to happen..


There, don’t you feel better now?

Aunty Brown has a few more questions though; it’s true that I’m the nosy type.

When was the last time you visited the hairdresser?
I am terrible at getting to the hairdresser. My hair is long, and for work it is pulled up so, I kinda forget its there! I probably went about 8 months ago......

Which bit of beauty trickery couldn’t you live without?
I love to use a bit of fake tan to give a glow to my face. It has to be fairly light as I don't actually like my face too brown. I really like the St.Tropez bronzing mousse, and I wash it off after about 4 hours so the tan doesn't develop too much.

You’ve overslept and have 5 minutes to get out of the house. Are you going out with dirty hair or no makeup?
The dirty hair I could cope with, (dry shampoo and a hair bobble sorts that), but I think I would scare children if I left the house without a bit of mascara. I wouldnt need to apply full make up, but certainly mascara. I can apply that while putting on my shoes, so all good there!

Which trend still makes you cringe?
Jeez, I had so many! Sadly, I was an 80's teen, so really hit the baaaaaddd fashion and make up trends! You had the corkscrew perm, baby pink and blue eyeshadow combo, neon nails, (although Iv seen a nod to that trend in current fashion mags), big, backcombed hair, metalic lipsticks, painting on of beauty spots, (I know, I know, what was I thinking) and the using of a concealer as a lipstick!!! I like to think on that last one I was just ahead of my time with the nude lipped look.......I thought I was a fashionata, sadly I was just a mess haha.

-------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for sharing Lulu. I suspect you ought to know better with the lashes but I'm convinced I'd do the same! If you would like to take a turn and unburden yourself in the Friday Confessional you can email me at modestybrown@googlemail.com. It's open to everyone: if you have something to confess, I'm happy to hear it!

1 comment:

  1. It even feels good to read the un-burdening. Phew xx

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and read each and every one. I always do my best to reply too. If you have a question and need a quick response, please feel free to email me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails