Wednesday 3 November 2010

Lancome Les Gris L'Wren Palette

Here are the swatches of the Lancôme Les Gris L'Wren palette as promised. I have also included a look I did using the eyeshadows.




The highlighter shade is very sheer with little sparkles. There isn't a huge colour payoff but for me that is just fine, I find I can't pull off pigmented, frosty silver shades. The lighter grey is quite blue toned and I'd describe this as a satin finish. The darker grey is a lovely shimmery gunmetal colour and has a nice soft texture. The black is a matte finish. I find the shadows work best over a base, you can either use a pencil as Aaron recommended or a cream base. For the look I did below I used MUFE aqua cream in 02.




I applied the MUFE Aqua Creme in 02 all over the mobile lid. I used the eyeshadows from the quad in a sort of gradient fashion. I have the gunmetal and a little of the black on the mobile lid. I blended the line at the crease with the lighter grey and then the highlighter shade. I used Rouge Bunny Rouge lacquer liner to tightline and also to line above the lashes.




In these photos I'm wearing Teint Miracle foundation and I used RMK Super basic liquid concealer under the eyes. I used Becca Beach Tint in Fig on my cheeks and Rose Lanolips on my lips. I also used a small amount of the balm as highlighter on the tops of my cheeks. I went back though and added some MAC Dame blusher and I think I added something else on my lips but it escapes me now! Here's what it looked like with the additions.


As ever, I wish I had gone a little higher with the eyeshadow as once I open my eyes the eyeshadow disappears! In future I will use black as a base too. The eyeshadows seem a little sheer and I can see some lighter areas peeping through. Black liner as a base would definitely intensify the smoky look. I will be having a go at a glossy eye as described by Aaron. I will have to wait till the weekend though as I fear it might not be school run appropriate! I really like the palette. I have tended to steer clear of greys before as I find some shades don't work well on my colouring but the undertones make these very wearable.


Disclosure:  the palette was given to me without charge for consideration for review.

19 comments:

  1. Extreme palette lust. You've done the palette and Aaron well! You look lovely. Look forward to seeing the glossy eye. Even though creasing will inevitably occur, still gorgeous and so modern.

    I think the sheer shadows would disappoint me slightly but this look and the palette reminds me of how much I love a bold, dark eye.

    Chrissy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one hot momma! You've got such a great makeup face, interesting eyes, great lips and wonderful I'm so jealous of you eyebrows. I really like the dark colour on your lid, with your bobbed hair it looks very chic! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colours and lovely smokey eyed look! Now I really want this too!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous look Jane! I agree with the others, the darker colours suit you so well! I also like the glossiness and the hint of colour of the Lanolips too, very-very juicy. Huge fan of this look...btw, is it me, or is your face looking thinner (if that's the correct word)?
    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! These colors really make your eyes stand out! :) I purchased this palette recently and used it over the weekend and really like it. It's nice because you can do both a deep, smoldering eye or an ethereal, silvery-gray look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks seriously gorgeous on you! The whole look just works so well. So I guess I need the palette, if you do remeber if you added something else on the lips can you let me know please as I am really liking the combo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ChrissyDee: Thank you so much. I was worried I hadn’t done a very good job! I wonder if my finding them sheer is because I’ve been spoilt with RBR eyeshadows? I like the palette though and I love the fact that these are greys that I can actually wear.

    @Skin Scrubs: You can come again ;). Cheque’s in the post! I promise to have a go at the glossy lid for you.

    @TheBristolBeautyBlog: Thank you. I really like the colours in the palette. I have wanted to do this kind of grey smoky look before but made mistakes with the shades I’ve chosen.

    @Nina: I’m really pleased you like it. It’s nice to have a break from my usual look. My face might be looking thinner. I have been dieting for a couple of weeks now, I haven’t got any scales so I’ve no idea how much I’ve lost. Clothes feel looser though.

    @Makeup Magpie: Thank you. You have inspired me to try a more silvery grey look :)

    @Replica: Thank you, I’m really pleased with it. Greys always appeal to me but often don’t seem to work. I’m thrilled I can wear these.

    I wish I could remember what I put on. I know I dithered over a couple of things, it could have been Patisserie or Origami lipgloss. Why didn’t I write it down? Gah!

    Thank you for all of your comments, I’m so pleased you liked the look.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another gorgeous look, I really like this on you. I wish I could get away with bluey/silvery hues but I find they wash me out a bit otherwise this palette would have to be mine!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have huge envy here, this is a beautiful set of colours and they look beautiful on you. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful look! You should try smoky looks like this more often, they really suit you!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jane

    Very lovely and sexy look on you! I love the strong eye and glossy soft pinky lip. I will have to look for this palette. x jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  12. @WBB: Thank you. I have to say normally silvery greys don’t work on me either so I was thrilled that these work on my colouring.

    @Jan: I agree, they are a nice selection of colours. I’m really pleased to have it.

    @tina: Thank you! I feel more confident now to wear a darker smoky again x

    @jv: Thanks, I’m pleased with how it turned out. It’s always nice to do something a bit different.

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, it's definitely different for me but I like how it turned out xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. i absolutely adore this on you. i swear i'd either (a) never wear it or (b) it just wouldn't look as nice! i have all this makeup and i never wear it even thouhg i love it because i'm so stupidly lazy and i can't put the effort in. i wish i did though, im' always so jealous of the gorgeous put together women i see in london and i feel like such a shlumpy frumpy loser!

    xo
    sara
    (@squarrell)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I bet you don't look frumpy at all! I'm pleased you like it though. It was quite easy to do as well. You should give it a try with something from your makeup mountain ;).
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you Alice! It's quite a change for me but I like how it turned out. Definitely one to do again.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Jane, I know this is an old post (found in google images) but just wanted to say how gorgeous these colours are on you - love your skin, eyes, all of it, lovely look!

    Nic x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and read each and every one. I always do my best to reply too. If you have a question and need a quick response, please feel free to email me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails