Monday 29 November 2010

Maybelline Mystic Mauve Lipstick

A couple of weeks ago Cheeky Beauty recommended a lipstick to me that she though I would love. Unfortunately, with the poorly children and other issues I hadn't been able to get to the shops to have a look. Knowing what a miserable time I was having, she very kindly sent me a surprise package with a special note and the lipstick inside. I was really touched by such a kind gesture. Thank you so much Cheeky Beauty, I can't tell you how much it cheered me up! You were right too, this absolutely is my kind of colour.

Natural light
Flash
Natural light
Flash



Mystic Mauve is lovely. It reminds me a little of MAC Modesty cremesheen, as well being a lighter, more muted version of Night Romance. It was difficult to capture the exact colour on camera (hence the number of pictures). In natural light it photographs a little warmer than it really is. I would describe it as a cool toned, mauve pink. It is a creamy formula, very pigmented and really comfortable to wear. It lasts well too. It is a Colour Sensational lipstick and I will admit that I'm interesting in swatching some of the other colours.

Thank you again to Cheeky Beauty for sending me the lipstick. You can see her swatches of Mystic Mauve here.

13 comments:

  1. That's a lovely colour and it really suits you! How lovely of Cheeky Beauty to send it to you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh it looks LOVELY on you :)

    I am so pleased you like it, and that I didn't completely mis-judged :)

    You are welcome and hope things are returning to (some sort of) normality xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @TBBB: I'm so pleased with the colour. It's absolutely perfect and it was such a kind thing to do.

    @Cheeky Beauty: You didn't mis-judge at all. It's spot on! Thank you so much again. Things have been better since the end of last week. It's a relief as I thought it could go on until the Christmas holidays. It's nice to get back to the normal level of craziness! ;)

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a kind thing to do :) The color is gorgeous!! It reminds me of NYX Thalia, which I love :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Stavroula, it looks very similar to Thalia, but maybe a touch warmer. Sometimes Thalia looks a bit too grey and aging on me. But this one looks lovely on you! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Stavroula! You know I've wondered about getting Thalia before. I'm drawn to mauve colours in a big way!

    Hi Rocaille! It's a nice colour and easy to wear, I'm sure it's going to be another staple for me. That's interesting about Thalia. How do you find NYX lipsticks in general? I was put off ordering any after I tried a NYX lipgloss and disliked the scent. Do you rate the lipsticks?

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a really pretty shade. Really suits you :-)

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello , very nice colour indeed and it is like Dior addict 663 rose broderie. a very nice discreet colour for everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm drawn to mauve colors big time as well!! :) You should get Thalia sometime, it's propably my favorite lipstick :) I'll try to find the maybelline lipstick hehe :D

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've done my little dance over your lip post. I really like this colour on you it's very romantic. Can I just say I like the radiator in the background you're keeping it real!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Funny because I have this on my notes in my iphone after reading her post on it and I thought it looked a lovely colour. Great post hun and this confirms I need it in my life ha ha! Very thoughtful x

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Ali: Thanks, I really like it. I am very impressed with Cheeky’s picking skills!

    @leinti nti: Thank you, it is a nice everyday sort of colour and very much the sort of colour I go for. I’ll have to have a look at the Dior you mentioned, I don’t think I’ve had any Dior.

    @Stavroula: I’ll have to go for it! Let me know if you have trouble hunting the shade down. I’d be happy to help you.

    @Skin Scrubs: Girl, I’m gritty. Should I burst in to a round of “I’m still Janie from the block”? ;)

    @Sherrie: It was so thoughtful and it cheered me up so much. It’s a lovely colour, definitely keep your eye out for it.

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww you're so sweet, thank you :) x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and read each and every one. I always do my best to reply too. If you have a question and need a quick response, please feel free to email me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails